Sunday, July 19, 2026

Queen Octavia Standing Guard


 Queen Octavia astride Pommeraie de la Montesquieu

This is an image I did not too long ago of one of my favorite subjects, Octavia riding the golden dragon Pommeraie de la Montesquieu, whom she calls Pommy. This is a scene from a future book I will write, probably Gods Save the Queen #7. In books 1 through 5 I've only written a few scenes of Octavia riding her dragon, and in Book 5 she receives a pair of Tianma - flying horses similar to Pegasus. Tianma is a flying horse of Chinese Mythology, and since Octavia was an empress of the Xuantang empire the horses would be a fine gift from the current emperor.

The longest scene I've written of Octavia and the dragon was when she went into labor in Palace of the Jade Lotus in Chéngshì Jin, the capital city of the Xuantang empire. She reclined on the throne and Pommy grabbed the throne and they crashed through a paper wall and flew up the Lu Yazi river to escape. That was a very exciting, fun scene to write. It is in Gods Save the Queen Book 3 - The Last Elven King

I also have introduced unicorns in the stories. Unicorns are mostly ridden by elves and they only ride the mares. The stallions are too skittish and never calm down. They have that horn which makes it difficult to put the bridle on, so they're just kept as pets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Queen Octavia Standing Guard

 Queen Octavia astride Pommeraie de la Montesquieu This is an image I did not too long ago of one of my favorite subjects, Octavia riding th...